The Canada Green Building Council
, or CaGBC
is the national leader in advancing the green building and sustainable
community development in Canada for over 12 years. This not-for-profit
organization works closely with over 1600 industry organizations, and 20,000
green building professionals to help bring green technology and building plans
to buildings and in future construction. The CaGBC also provides education and
training to members and green professionals by offering in-class, online, and
exam preparation tools.
The Courses Offered
The CaGBC offers many different courses
educational tools to advance their understanding and expertise in the green
sector. Here is a list of the current courses and resources they offer (please note: courses are currently being updated to reflect new LEED version 4 content, where applicable):
- Building Green with LEED®: Core
Concepts and Strategies is an in class workshop that is 36 hours in length.
- LEED v4 Green Associate Study Course is
an in class workshop that is 2 days in length.
- LEED AP BD+C Study Course is an
online classroom that goes for 2 months.
- LEED AP BD+C Study Course is an
in class workshop that is 2 days in length.
- LEED Canada Core Concepts and
Strategies is an in class workshop that is 1 day in length.
- Studio4 Green Associate Study
Guide is a 200 page PDF.
- Studio4 101 Questions and
Answers is a 35+ page PDF.
- LEED v4 Green Associate Exam
Preparation is a 2 month online course.
- Building Green with LEED: LEED
Canada for New Construction 2009 is a 36 hour in class workshop.
- Growing Green Neighbourhoods:
An overview of the LEED-ND Rating System is a 1 day in class workshop.
- LEED Canada BD+C Series:
Technical Review is a 5.5 hour on demand course.
- LEED Canada for Existing Buildings:
Operation and Maintenance Technical Review is a 1 day in class workshop.
- LEED Canada for Homes Program Review
is a 1 day in class workshop.
- LEED in Practice Series is a
series of in class workshops.
- Speed up your LEED-NC
Certification is a 1 day in class workshop.
- Understanding the Living
Building Challenge is a 1 day in class workshop.
- Design, Installation and
Management of Rainwater Harvesting Systems is a 1 day in class workshop.
- Commissioning Basics for
Existing Buildings: A Guide for Facility Owners and Managers is a half day in
- Cutting through the Hot Air:
Carbon Neutral Buildings is a half day in class workshop.
- LEED NC Commissioning: How to
get Best Value is a 1 hour on demand course.
- Introduction to Passive House
Design and Construction is a 1 day in class workshop.
- Solar Energy: Best Practices
for Residential Buildings is a 1 day in class workshop.
- Green Building Materials: What
to Consider is a 25 minute on demand course.
- Right the First Time Compiling
Your Certification package is a 1 hour on demand course.
- Green Economics: Strategies for
Making Green Buildings Financially Successful is a 1 day in class workshop.
- Green Economics Part 1 and 2:
The Business Case for Green Buildings are each 1 hour long on demand courses.
- Introduction to Regenerative
Design is a 1 hour on demand course.
- LEED in Practice: Project
Management is a 1 day in class workshop.
- EcoDistrict Practitioners:
Accelerating District Scale Sustainability is a 1 day in class workshop.
- LEED-ND Platinum at Southeast False
Creek is a 90 minute on demand course.
The courses are constantly being updated and
refreshed to ensure that you are learning the absolute best green building
information. All of these courses offer a great opportunity to grow as a green
professional and also provide some opportunities to connect and network with
other in class and like-minded professionals. If you are in the green building
field, you should absolutely be working towards improving your education in the sector through the Canada Green Building Council